No matter where you live, there are dangers that can affect your pets. Biting parasites are more prevalent in the warmer weather, but fleas, ticks and mosquitoes can survive the fall and even winter months in Wisconsin. One of the fastest and easiest ways to keep your pet protected is by using the products the doctor recommends for your pet. Here are a few of the products the doctor recommends.
- Vectra3D- Vectra3D is a fast acting parasite control that is applied topically once a month. This product repels and kills biting parasites such as: Fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, sand flies, biting flies, lice and mites.
- ProHeart6- ProHeart 6 is a heartworm prevention that is in the form of an injection given by your vet. This injection gives your dog a full 6 months of protection without having to worry about giving a pill once a month. For more information visit our ProHeart info page in the common questions tab.
- Frontline Plus- Frontline Plus is a parasite control used for dogs and cats. This is another topical medication used to prevent flea and tick infestations. This is applied to your pet once a month and is recommended for year round protection.
- Heartgard Plus- Heartgard Plus is a real beef chewable pill that is given orally once a month to prevent heartworm disease as well as treat and control Roundworm and Hookworm Infections. This product is recommended for year round protection.
- Iverhart Max- Iverhart Max is another form of oral heartworm prevention that is given once a month. This product also protects against Roundworms and Hookworms as well as treats and controls tapeworm infection.